Instructions and FAQ
USING YOUR VOX CARD
- How do I use my PIN to place a call?
Simply dial the access number on the back of your card and follow the voice prompts.
Calls within Canada, to the USA and to the Caribbean: dial 1 + area code + phone number.
Other international calls: dial 011 + country code + city code + phone number.
What access number do I need to call?
Your access number is located on the back of your VOX calling card. You can also find them here:
Card Access Number VOX Ultra 1-877-431-4870 VOX America 1-800-820-2696 VOX Global 1-877-431-4870 VOX International 1-877-431-4870 VOX Europa 1-866-574-6254 VOX Fiesta 1-866-574-6248 VOX Asia 1-866-574-6250
GENERAL CARD FAQs
- How do I know which card is right for me?
- Where can I buy VOX cards?
You can find the list of stores that sell VOX cards here.
- Can I use my VOX card with cell phones?
Yes! You can use your VOX card on any cell phone, landline or payphone. Take advantage of our great rates and stop paying an arm and a leg for long distance on your cell!
- Can I use my VOX card from countries other than Canada and the United States?
No. Our VOX prepaid calling cards can be used to place calls from only Canada and the United States. You cannot use this service from other countries.
- How do I find out my card balance?
There are two easy ways to find out your card balance:
- Our system tells you the remaining balance on your card before each phone call you place.
- You can also check your balance by logging in to your online MyVOX account.
- Can I transfer balance between my VOX cards?
Yes! Our card linking feature lets you transfer the balance from your old card to your new card. You can access our card linking feature by calling the customer service number on the back of your card.
- After I am done my first call, can I make another call right away (without having to re-dial and re-enter my account number)?
Yes, to place another call, just stay on the line and follow the voice prompts.
- Do I need a credit card to buy a new card online?
Yes, a credit card is required to buy new VOX cards online.
- Do I need to have a MyVOX account to buy a new card online?
Yes, a MyVOX account is required to buy new VOX cards online.
- Do I need to have a card to create a MyVOX account?
Yes, a card that was purchased at a store is required to create your MyVOX account.
- How do I recharge my VOX card?
There are four different ways to recharge your VOX card—and you'll earn a recharge bonus each time!
- Auto Recharge (online): make sure you never run out of minutes by setting up Auto Recharge through your online MyVOX account. Your balance will be automatically topped up when it falls below an amount you choose.
- Recharge (online): log in to your MyVOX account and click on “Recharge” button to add minutes to your card.
- Dial 1-900-RECHARGE: one call and the additional balance will automatically be billed to your landline account.
Dial one of the following three numbers for 1-900-RECHARGE service:
- 1-900-565-5500 for $5 recharge
- 1-900-565-5510 for $10 recharge
- 1-900-565-5520 for $20 recharge
- Call customer service: our bilingual agents are standing by to recharge your card for you.
- What kind of rewards can I get for recharging?
VOX thinks that you deserve bonus talk time each time and every way you recharge:
- MyVOX: recharge online or use the Auto Recharge feature and earn up to 25% in bonus minutes.
- 1-900-RECHARGE: just dial to recharge and earn up to a 20% discount.
- Agent: call customer service to have an agent recharge your card with up to 20% in bonus minutes.
- Do I need a credit card to recharge my card??
You do need a credit card when recharging online or by phone with a customer service agent. However, you can set up and pay for our 1-900-RECHARGE without a credit card—your balance will automatically be billed to your landline account.
- Do I have to call 1-900-RECHARGE from my home or work phone?
You do need to call 1-900-RECHARGE from your home or work phone in order for the recharge amount to be billed to the corresponding account. Please note that this service works for the majority of landlines.
- How does Auto Recharge work?
Make sure that you never run out of minutes by setting up Auto Recharge—your balance will automatically be topped up when it falls below an amount you choose. You can set up Auto Recharge through your online MyVOX account.
- What is Auto PIN? How does it work?
The Auto PIN feature stores your home or work phone number in our system so that you can place your calls directly (without entering a PIN). You can set up Auto PIN through your online MyVOX account. Please note that this service works for the majority of landlines and business lines
For all VOX cards, simply dial the following Auto PIN access number : 1 866 293-5552
Important note: Even if AutoPIN is active, you will need to enter your PIN should you dial the regular VOX access number located in the back of the card.
- From what phone number is Auto PIN active?
The AutoPIN access number is active only from your registered phone number.
From any other phone number, simply dial the regular VOX access number located in the back of the card and use your PIN.
- Are there any risks and limitations for using Auto PIN?
Once a telephone number is set up for the Auto PIN service, anyone dialling the AutoPIN access numbers can place a long distance call which will be billed to the associated VOX prepaid long distance card of the AutoPIN service. It is important to register your HOME or BUSINESS phone number only for this service to avoid billing by non authorized users.
- What is Speed Dial? How does it work?
The Speed Dial feature stores your frequently called numbers in our system so that you can place your calls directly (without entering the phone number). You can save up to 9 different Speed Dial keys through your online MyVOX account.
In order to use this feature, please note that you will need to press * and enter your Speed Dial key when you are asked to enter the phone number you wish to call.
- Where can I find the rates and fees related to my VOX card?
- What is a “connection fee”?
For some cards, a connection fee is applied at the beginning of each call. It is a cost associated with routing call traffic across various international carriers.
- What is a “billing fee”?
For some cards, a billing fee is applied at the end of each call if a balance remains. It is a cost associated with calculating the total cost of one call.
- What is a “maintenance fee”?
For some cards, a maintenance fee is applied at a set time (for example, every three days). It is a cost associated with maintaining information such as card balance and call records in your customer database.
- What is a “minimum charge per call”?
A minimum charge per call is a fee applied at the end of each call in cases where the total cost of the call (before other applicable fees) is lower than a predetermined amount. It is a cost associated with routing traffic across various international carriers.
- What are the surcharges for calls from and to Northern British Columbia, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut?
For all VOX cards, a 14¢ per minute surcharge is applied to calls from one of the regions listed above. An 11¢ per minute surcharge is also applied to calls made to one of these regions. It is a cost associated with routing traffic to and from these destinations.
- Why does my card have a surcharge for calls from the US?
For some VOX cards, a surcharge is applied to calls from the US. It is a cost associated with routing the call from the US.
- Will the rate per minute always stay the same as it is currently advertised?
No. Our rates and fees are subject to change without notice due to forces beyond our control, such as increases in the cost of routing calls to specific destinations.
- Does it matter what time of day I call?
No—you can use your calling card any time, day or night without affecting your rates.
- How can I reach VOX customer support center?
You can either write us an email at feedback@VOX.ca (please allow 24 to 48 hours for a response) or speak with a bilingual customer service agent immediately by calling the customer service number associated with your card:
Card Customer Service Number VOX Ultra 1-877-360-8421 VOX America 1-800-820-2651 VOX Global 1-877-360-8421 VOX International 1-877-360-8421 VOX Europa 1-866-574-6256 VOX Fiesta 1-866-574-6249 VOX Asia 1-866-574-6252
- What are the hours of operation for customer support?
Our customer service agents are standing by between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time), 7 days a week, to answer your calls. We will respond to your email within approximately 24 to 48 hours of reception, seven days a week, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).